Over the last few years, I have successfully written charter school renewal applications for charter schools in Massachusetts, New York, and New Jersey. I have also written a charter application for a proposed school in Washington, DC. The Academic Support Link collaborates on these projects with John Tarvin of Claremont Consulting who is a charter school consultant and expert and brings in-depth knowledge of the charter application and renewal process, http://www.claremontconsulting.org/
The scope of the work depends on your needs. Our objectives include the following:
- Analyzing data and determining the most advantageous presentation of accountability results, regarding standardized testing, as it relates to your charter goals.
- Gathering information provided by you and your staff and highlighting changes/improvements that your school has made in the past five years to the curriculum, instruction, school climate, etc. This information will be presented in the most compelling, positive, and proactive manner.
- Assisting your school in describing its plan for the next five years, highlighting planned changes that will ensure academic success, fiscal stability, and organizational viability.
- Compiling information, writing, copyediting, and proofing the text according to the requirements/guidelines of the renewal application and page length restrictions. We ensure that the application is completed in a timely manner.
- Writing drafts of the renewal document prepared for feedback, edits and rewrites as needed and completion of the final document.
- Attending meetings/conference calls with the staff and board.
You are probably aware that the process for renewing a charter is considerably more complex than it has been in the past, requiring more evidence and information about your school. We are skilled at assembling this data and presenting a school’s profile in the best possible light. If you are interested in our services, please contact me through email at Debby@AcademicSupportLink.com or by phone at 617-584-5295 to find out more about how we can help you and for references.