Are you invited by a college or university for an on-campus competition for a scholarship? Are you wondering how you can win a scholarship? Here are some tips to help your chances of winning:
1. Have confidence in yourself: You have the credentials or you wouldn’t be in the competition. Strut your stuff!
2. Do your research: Find out what the school focuses on and match your interests to theirs.
3. Dress in “business” clothes: No inappropriate clothing, such as T-shirts, short skirts, or ragged jeans.
4. Be yourself: Talk about yourself and your values. Know why you want to go to the school and how you can make a difference.
5. Prepare a strong summary statement: Thank them for the opportunity and write a hand-written, thank-you note.